We are governed by a board of directors and the councils of the AICPA and CIMA. Volunteer committees also represent the interests, needs and attitudes of the membership and assist the Association in maintaining high standards of professional practice; promoting the interest of public and management accountants; and providing appropriate services to members.
Board of Directors
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is a leader in the united global accounting profession and drives goals of strategic positioning, sustainable growth of the profession, member value and operational performance. The Board of Directors leverages the Association’s unique and differentiated value proposition having both public accounting and management accounting together to benefit the public interest, society, business, members and the profession.
The Association Board of Directors is composed of 38 leaders in the profession and public at-large. Each of these leaders also serves on either the Public Accounting Board or the Management Accounting Board. The Association Board promotes the best interest of the global accounting profession and is responsible for addressing international issues impacting CPAs, CGMA designation holders and/or public and management accounting. The Management Accounting Board and Public Accounting Board focus on significant issues influencing CGMA designation holders and management accounting or CPAs and public accounting respectfully.
Committees reporting directly to the Association Board of Directors:
- Audit & Finance Committee - The Audit & Finance Committee monitors the integrity of the Association and Professional Units’ financial statements, associated internal control structure and principles, risk management process involving the financial statements, information technology and security and privacy, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Nominations Committee - The Nominations Committee leads the process of Association Board appointments and re-appointments, and make recommendations to the Association Board. The committee evaluates the balance of skills, business experience, independence and knowledge needed on the Association Board and will determine guidelines on ethnic, gender and geographic diversity.
- Remuneration & Talent Committee - The Remuneration & Talent Committee establishes and monitors compliance with compensation policies for the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants and its Professional Units’ employees. The Committee assists the Association Board of Directors in carrying out its responsibilities with respect to matters relating to compensation, succession planning, employee benefit and retirement programs, organizational goal setting and performance evaluating on delivery of the annual strategic plan.
- Regional Boards and MA Committees – The Regional Boards provide management accounting insights and input on local marketplace trends and offer the perspectives of CIMA and AICPA members in management accounting as well as those of students, employers, and key regional stakeholders. The Regional Boards report into the Management Accounting Board of Directors.
Association Board of Directors
- Anita Baker, CPA, CEBS
- Sheila Balzer, CPA, CGMA
- David Benello (Public Member)
- Kasia Ciezkowska, ACMA CGMA
- Louise Connaughton, PMP, PgMP, FCMA
- Paul Curth, CPA
- Debbie Don-Pierrot, FCMA, CGMA
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, CPA, CGMA
- Joe Falbo, CPA, CGMA
- Melody Feniks, CPA, CGMA
- Sara Ghosh, BSc (Hons) FCMA CGMA
- Dan Griffiths, CPA, CGMA
- Amarjeet Hans, MBA, FCMA, CGMA
- Eric Hansen, CPA, CGMA
- Andrew Harding, FCMA, CGMA
- Nick Jackson, FCMA CGMA
- Melanie Kanaka, B.Com (Hons.), MBA (US), FCMA, CGMA
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA
- Anoop Mehta, CPA, CGMA
- Randy Myeroff, CPA, CGMA
- Mandy Nelson, CPA
- Rick Niswander, Ph.D, CPA, CGMA
- Anne Northup (Public Member)
- Bill Pirolli, CPA, CFF, PFS, CGMA
- Jeff Porter, CPA, MST
- Amy Radin (Public Member)
- Amal Ratnayake, MBA, FCMA, CGMA
- Bill Reeb, CPA, CGMA
- Doug Roosa, CPA, CGMA
- Chris Schmidt, CPA
- Richard Sharp, BSc, MBA, FCMA, CGMA
- David Stanford, FCMA, CGMA
- Mary Stone, CPA
- Steve Swientozielskyj, FCMA, CGMA
- Louise Taylor, FCMA, CGMA
- Ron Yates, CPA
- John Zheng, FCMA, CGMA
CIMA Governing Council
Council is the governing body of CIMA and, per the charter, bylaws and regulations, it may have up to a maximum of 58 members (38 directly elected by CIMA members, 16 co-opted and four honorary officers, which includes the president, deputy president, vice president and immediate past president).
Currently, Council is made up of 52 members: 37 elected, 11 co-opted and four honorary officers. Council governs CIMA and its affairs and meets three times a year to discuss and set policy.
Various CIMA Committees oversee elections, professional conduct and competence standards and the benevolent fund to assist members suffering hardships.
AICPA Governing Council
AICPA’s Governing Council is made up of approximately 265 members and representatives from every U.S. state and U.S. territory. Council meets twice a year, in May and October, and Regional Council meetings are held every year in March.
Council determines AICPA programs and policies. The Council may exercise all powers requisite for the purposes of AICPA, not inconsistent with the AICPA Bylaws or with duly enacted resolutions of the membership, including but not limited to the authority to prescribe the policies and procedures of the Institute and to enact resolutions binding upon the Board of Directors, the officers, volunteer groups, and staff.