Capital Markets Fundamentals
Understand the characteristics and sources of debt finance and equity finance, particularly the difference between bank borrowing and bonds.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Authored by an extensive network of global SMEs in connection with AICPA and CIMA staff.
Understand capital market fundamentals
- Focus on a comprehensive overview of equity finance and debt finance content.
- Learn about how equity finance can be raised through a stock market and how the debt market facilitates the trading.
- Gain practical knowledge about the procedures of issuing shares and the ways in which a company can borrow from a bank.
- Understand decision-making process by focussing on the appropriate financing method to remain a long-term, viable going concern.
- Create a better understanding of how the capital markets are structured and which financing source may be best suited for your company.
Acquire new skills to demonstrate your proficiency
- Characters and sources of debt finance
- Capital markets and their functions
- Advantages and disadvantages of equity finance
- Methods of issuing shares and IPO process
- Difference between bond and bank borrowing
Gain practical experience
Use case studies and scenarios to evaluate business performance and get a deeper understanding of various ways to improve the business performance and align with organisational goals.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.
- Global accounting and finance professionals
- Management accounting professionals
- Finance vice presidents
- Finance directors
- CPAs and CAs
- Long term debt
- Stock exchanges and capital markets
- Types of share issues
- Bond Finance
- Bank finance
- Identify the characteristics and sources of debt finance.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of a company listing its shares on a stock exchange.
- Analyse the various methods of issuing shares
- Analyze the difference between bank borrowings and bonds
- Analyse the different types of bank finance available.
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at email@example.comContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.