AICPA & CIMA Business Valuation School
CPAs and finance professionals broaden your skills and learn to confidently assess and maximize the value of a client’s business.
Aug 21 - Aug 25, 2023
During five intensive days, you’ll learn relevant new theories, applications, best practice methods and hot-button controversies. A full day devoted to a real-world case study helps demonstrate how standards, techniques and approaches are incorporated into everyday practice.
Make the smart investment in your career – this training program helps you meet the learning requirements to pursue the ABV Credential and offers the resources to thrive in this practice niche. Delve deeply into business valuation essentials to master new skills and expand your client services portfolio. You’ll benefit from a classroom-like feeling that’s conducive to sharing ideas and maximizing interaction with prominent experts and thought leaders in this growing, profit-making niche area.
The virtual live program is also supplemented with independent self-studies covering business valuation standards and valuation of intangible assets. Participants will also be offered a series of webcasts on specialized topics in the valuation of pass-through entities, estate and gift tax, valuation of family limited partnerships, and divorce valuations.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll build a solid foundation in business valuation, and get tips on expanding services in tax, business advisory, fair value and litigation. This is an intermediate course on business valuation. It’s strongly recommended that participants have a base level of valuation knowledge prior to participating in this program.
- Use the Principles of Valuation when completing a valuation engagement
- Identify applicable professional and valuation standards
- Identify key areas of applicable valuation-related financial reporting standards
- Determine the steps performed in a valuation engagement
- Identify research techniques and sources of economic and industry data
- Analyze the historic and forecast prospective finance financial statements, value drivers, and risks of the subject company
- Identify and apply the steps to perform an income approach to valuation
- Understand the inputs to and calculation of cost of capital
- Identify and apply the steps to perform an asset approach to valuation
- Understand the inputs to and calculation of market multiples/companies
- Identify and apply the steps to perform a market approach to valuation
- Apply valuation adjustments (discounts and premiums) to indications of value
- Identify standard requirements and best practices for writing valuation reports
- Understand unique considerations when performing valuations for estate and gift tax or divorce purposes
- Identify and apply methods used to value intangible assets
A case-study approach: take part in a VS section 100-compliant detailed valuation report engagement. As you explore crucial valuation theory during the first four days of the program, you’ll participate in an integrated, comprehensive, real-world case study that addresses a valuation engagement, including the industry outlook and all three approaches to value.
Included in with your Registration
You’ll receive copies of the Financial Valuation: Applications and Models book and the Financial Valuation Workbook edited by James R. Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF. Thirty leading experts give you real-world advice, the most-current information, and the tools to apply what you’ve learned. Using the Financial Valuation Workbook you’ll work through selected exercises that provide practical applications of theory and methodologies. You’ll walk away with a detailed understanding of business valuation you can apply to your everyday practice. You’ll receive access instructions at the session.
Self-study courses included in with your purchase:
AICPA Valuation and Consulting Standards
Fair Value Measurement: Valuation Approaches
Fair Value Measurement: Other Technical Valuation Guidance
Who Should Attend:
- Practitioners with intermediate business valuation knowledge looking to grow a valuation practice within their firms
- Professionals considering focusing on valuation as a career
- Professionals in business and industry, particularly within corporate finance, seeking to increase their technical expertise in valuation
- Professionals working in public accounting and/or consulting firms involved in valuations focused on M&A, litigation, fair value, and others
- Professionals preparing for the ABV Exam
Colorado Society of CPAs
7887 E. Belleview Ave., Suite 200
Englewood, CO 80111-6076
Looking for group pricing?
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 2) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.