Documenting Internal Control
Explore the various tools used to document and assess internal controls
NASBA Field of Study
Glenn L. Helms
Documenting internal controls
Familiarize yourself with commonly used documentation tools, such as narratives, flowcharts, internal control questionnaires and control matrixes. Walk through COSO’s internal control template used to document an assessment of a system on internal control.
Who Will Benefit
Financial statement auditors, internal auditors and entity management involved in financial statement audits
- Documentation tools such as internal control questionnaires, narratives, flowcharts and control matrixes
- Auditor considerations for documenting internal controls in a risk assessment
- Documentation of an assessment of internal control
- Identify controls in a process.
- Identify the different tools used to document internal controls.
- Recognize auditor considerations regarding documentation of internal controls.
- Recall how to document an assessment of a system of internal control.
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at email@example.comContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.