Fair Value Measurements of Financial Instruments: Audit Considerations
Covers the development of tests of controls and substantive tests for financial instruments.
NASBA Field of Study
View financial instruments on multiple dimensions.
This CPE course will assist you in developing tests of controls and substantive tests for financial instruments with an emphasis on viewing financial instruments on multiple dimensions. You will examine how the differences in those dimensions affect financial reporting and review examples of control objectives, related controls, and illustrative tests of controls for financial instruments. This course also covers:
- General auditing considerations
- Internal controls related to financial instruments
- Risk-based auditing
- Valuation of financial instruments
- Concluding and reporting
- Definition of financial instruments
- Planning considerations when auditing financial instruments
- Testing of financial instruments in audit
- Risk-based auditing and valuation of financial instruments
- Identify the significant risks and relevant assertions in assessing the risk of material misstatement of financial instruments included in the financial statements.
- Identify the key concepts of professional skepticism to the audit of financial instruments.
- Indicate whether it is appropriate to engage or rely on an employed valuation specialist during a financial statement audit that includes financial instruments.
- Identify key elements in understanding the entity that will assist in evaluating the appropriateness of the entity's segregation of duties and the effectiveness of management's valuation approach.
- Identify activities that can be performed by the internal audit function related to the valuation of and control procedures for financial instruments.
- Identify considerations management should apply when relying on third-party pricing specialists and other valuation specialists.
- Recall the audit requirements for assessing the appropriateness of impairment loses related to financial instruments and reasonableness of management's reported fair value measurement.
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.