Performing a Single Audit Under the Uniform Guidance
This course introduces auditors to the topics of major program determination, the responsibilities of pass-through entities, the requirements of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards, the requirements of the Compliance Supplement, and the administrative requirements and cost principles found in the Uniform Guidance.
NASBA Field of Study
Melisa F. Galasso
How to perform a single audit
The knowledge you need
Learn the basics of a Uniform Guidance compliance audit.
The basics and more
Gain an understanding of the basic elements, including an overview of requirements and how GAAS and the Yellow Book apply to the compliance audit, as well as who must undergo this type of engagement.
Learn the different types of federal awards, along with audit implications for a recipient or subrecipient. Become aware of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and the description of major program determination.
Understand your responsibilities related to testing and reporting.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors performing single audit engagements
- Internal financial staff of governments
- Staff of not-for-profit entities interacting with Auditors
- Fundamentals of a compliance audit performed under the Uniform Guidance
- Guidance identifying federal awards
- Pass-through entities and subrecipients
- Schedule of expenditure of federal awards
- Determination of major programs
- Using the Compliance Supplement
- Uniform Guidance administrative requirements and cost principles
- Testing internal control over compliance
- Testing compliance
- Writing an audit finding
- Reporting requirements of a single audit
- Identify what a single audit encompasses.
- Identify key auditee and auditor responsibilities in the compliance audit of federal awards.
- Identify the basic audit requirements in a Uniform Guidance compliance audit.
- Recognize key considerations related to the auditor's responsibilities regarding testing and reporting on compliance under the Uniform Guidance.
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at email@example.comContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.