International Tax Foundation
Covers U.S. international tax fundamentals beginning with defining tax systems employed around the world.
NASBA Field of Study
Define the systems.
This self-study online course is part of the U.S. International Tax Certificate, a comprehensive learning program geared to help global finance and accounting professionals navigate the highly complex world of international taxation. This course can be purchased individually or as part of the U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts bundle. You must purchase the bundle to earn the digital badge.
This course covers U.S. international tax fundamentals, beginning with defining tax systems employed around the world. Featuring an introduction of the concepts of inbound and outbound taxation, this course provides you with a baseline of residency concepts, foreign tax credits, entity classifications, and different types of income. Also covered are such key fundamental concepts as income sourcing, withholding taxes, tax treaties, and transfer pricing.
- Tax Systems
- Inbound/Outbound Taxation
- Foreign Tax Credits
- Entity Classification
- Subpart F Income
- Income Sourcing in U.S.
- Withholding taxes in U.S.
- Tax Treaties
- Transfer pricing
- Distinguish the differences between various types of global tax systems and certain characteristics of each
- Recall how the U.S. tax system works
- Recall entity classification and hybrids
- Recognize the different forms of operating a business in a foreign country
- Recall the concept of a permanent establishment / taxable presence in the United States and globally
- Recall U.S. income sourcing rules
- Identify general U.S. withholding tax rules
- Recognize the general function and benefits of most income tax treaties
- Recall the basics of transfer pricing rules for controlled transactions in the U.S. and globally
- Identify the key actions under the OECD Base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) initiative
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at email@example.comContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.