Tax Staff Essentials, Level 1 - New Staff
Level 1 is designed to help beginning staff members develop a strong set of core skills. It focuses on individual and S corporation tax compliance plus professional business communications and more!
NASBA Field of Study
Help your junior staff establish a strong set of core skills
This series covers key areas to ensure the members of your young tax force are well prepared to begin their careers and support your firm. They’ll learn about the following:
- Individual, partnership, and S corporation tax compliance
- Effective online tax research techniques
- Clear and precise working paper documentation
- Effective professional business communications
Your future tax professionals will also receive a broad range of practical tax instruction, including key issues surrounding:
- Individual taxation
- New cost and repair regulations
- S corporation distributions
- Items affecting shareholder basis
- Passive activity loss rules, and more
- Tax Research I
- Individual Tax Fundamentals
- Capitalized Costs & Depreciation
- Working Paper Documentation
- S Corporations: Key Issues, Compliance, and Tax Strategies
- Tax Fundamentals of LLCs & Partnerships
Tax Staff Essentials is a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that provides tax training for four different experience levels and is available in four different formats: Online, On-site, Tax Schools, and Webcasts.
Who Will Benefit
- Junior accounting and tax professionals
- New rules for certain credits, deductions, and the qualified business income (QBI) deduction.
- Filing requirements and personal exemptions.
- Gross income inclusions, exclusions, and adjustments.
- Sole proprietorships, hobby loss rules, and passive activities.
- Home offices, rental properties, and vacation homes.
- Pass-through entity basis calculations.
- Pass-through entity distributions.
- Capital improvements and repair.
- Depreciation methods and IRS tables.
- Intangible asset amortization.
- Online tax research methodology and authoritative tax hierarchy.
- The power of professional language in business writing.
- Tax return support documentation.
- Identify and report business income and expenses of a sole proprietorship or a single member LLC on Schedule C to Form 1040
- Distinguish and report rental activities on Schedule E to Form 1040
- Identify the specific "passive activity" rules
- Indicate if a change of filing status will improve the taxpayers' filing position based on itemized deductions
- Indicate when an S corporation may be advantageous for a business, how to make a proper election, and the income/loss that passes through to the shareholder
- Recognize active and passive income and determine material participation as it relates to an individual S corporation shareholder
- Recognize the impact of converting a C corporation into an S corporation
- Distinguish between deductible repairs and capitalized improvements under new tax regulations
- Recognize how to calculate the initial tax basis and adjusted tax basis of business property
- Identify the tax basis of self-constructed assets
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.