Auditing the Most Common Programs Received by School Districts
Auditing a school district with federal funding? Dive into the details of several federal programs that are common for school districts.
Apr 20, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Matthew Kelly, Lindsey Kennimer
Auditing School District Federal Funding
This Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) web event will dive into the details and audit considerations of several federal programs most commonly received by school districts.
If your practice focuses on K–12 schools, you have likely run into the Child Nutrition Cluster, Title I Grants to Local Educational Agencies, and the Special Education Cluster. All three programs have specific nuances and unique characteristics that present challenges for both recipients and auditors.
Although the session is primarily for auditors, auditees may find the session useful as well.
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of the three programs and the related program requirements issued in the Compliance Supplement
- The implications of the Education Cross-Cutting Section supplement for the programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education
- Other guidance issued by the U.S. Departments of Agriculture and Education
- Key auditor challenges and reminders
- Best practices and tips when auditing the programs
- Government auditing
- Single audits
- Compliance supplement
- Federal funding for school districts
- Apply program requirements and guidance from the Compliance Supplement to audit common school district programs.
- Identify key challenges.
- Determine best practices and tips.
Who Will Benefit
Auditors performing single audits for school districts
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.