Avoiding Exclusion: An Overview of Recent Rule 702 Changes in the United States and Challenges to Financial Expert Testimony with An Overview of the Law in Canada
Changes are likely coming to Rule 702 of the Federal Rules of Evidence. Learn how alterations could affect you and how to navigate issues.
NASBA Field of Study
Norm Emblem, Chris Schneider
Rule 702 of the Federal Rules of Evidence
Changes are expected in 2023 regarding the role of expert witnesses when testifying in U.S. federal court.
Join this webcast to learn:
- The proposed changes compared to current requirements
- Common challenges faced by experts
- Practical impacts of the proposed changes
Current rules in Canada will also be discussed.
- Role of the expert in assisting the trier of fact (judge and jury)
- Common challenges and reasons for excluding testimony
- Implications of excluded testimony
- Managing client expectations as the expert
- Identify the role of the expert witness and requirements of Rule 702.
- Recognize the most frequent types and reasons for expert challenges and exclusions.
- Identify common issues facing experts.
- Recall recent case examples.
Who Will Benefit
- Attorneys who engage expert witnesses
- Current professionals who provide expert witness testimony
- Professionals interested in providing expert witness testimony in the future
- In-house counsel/litigation attorneys who rely on experts
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.