Investigations in the Crypto Currency World
Investigations involving blockchains and digital assets serve a variety of purposes. Join this webcast for an overview of the applications, associated risks and techniques used during an investigation.
Jul 18, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
JP Brennan, Boris Richard
Investigating blockchains and digital assets
Blockchain and digital asset investigations are possible because all cryptocurrency transfers and transactions are recorded on public blockchains and accessible by anyone.
Such investigations are a fascinating and indispensable tool for the crypto industry to find and recover digital assets, identify and reduce future fraud risks, elicit crypto finance and market abuse, and ensure regulatory compliance.
Our presenters will Introduce:
- The fundamentals of blockchain technology, crypto assets and blockchain transactions
- The major types of addressable risks in the digital assets markets
- Tools used by blockchain investigators
In addition, they will share real-life examples of blockchain investigations, methodologies used, and results achieved.
- Learn the basic mechanics of blockchain analytics
- See examples of its practical applications
- Receive actionable guidance on using blockchain investigations for their business and organizational purposes
- Fundamentals of public ledgers, cryptographic transactions and crypto assets
- Sources of blockchain data and available free and commercial tools for blockchain investigations
- Addressable risks in digital assets and markets
- Objectives and applications of blockchain investigations
- Real-life examples of blockchain investigations, techniques used and results achieved
- Recognize types of risks in digital assets and crypto markets.
- Recall basic techniques and data used in blockchain investigations.
- Recall blockchain investigative tools for business purposes.
Who Will Benefit
- Forensic accountants
- Fraud examiners
- Compliance professionals
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.