Overview of Expert Reports, Depositions, and Trial
Intended for practitioners interested in serving as an expert witness, this webcast will focus on key elements of expert reports, deposition, and trial.
Oct 17, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
David Duffus, Rob Levis, Daniel Delaney
Court is now in session
Participants will learn about essential items of an expert report with a special focus on the Federal Rules of Evidence, the deposition phase of a litigation matter, including
- what is covered in a deposition,
- how attorneys approach the process,
- dos and don’ts experts should be paying attention to, and
- the trial process and courtroom protocols.
- Expert witness
- Expert reports
- Forensic accounting
- Business valuation
- Examine key aspects of an expert report with a special focus on compliance with the Federal Rules of Evidence and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Analyze the admissibility of expert testimony.
- Implement quality control measures and direct supervision of team when engaged for litigation services.
- Examine the deposition phase of a litigation matter.
- Summarize components of a deposition.
- Analyze the attorney’s and client’s objectives during deposition.
- Identify the phases of trial.
- Summarize courtroom protocols.
- Distinguish between a bench trial and a jury trial.
- Differentiate between alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and litigation.
- Apply demonstrative concepts.
Who Will Benefit
- Experienced expert witnesses: Refine and improve your skills
- First-time testifiers: Acquire essential skills and build your confidence in a protected environment
- ABV® and CFF® exams candidates: Develop your understanding of the litigation process
- General practitioners: Advance your skills beyond the technical aspects of preparing a damages or valuation report
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.