Risk Assessment During the Recovery
During this webcast we will review the risk assessment standard requirements and discuss the importance of risk assessment during the pandemic recovery period. We will help you to improve audit quality by avoiding common challenges.
NASBA Field of Study
Carl R. Mayes Jr., Bob Dohrer
Improve Audit Quality
The Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) has presented new and heightened risks for businesses, making the audit risk assessment all the more important.
The key to high-quality audit engagements is rooted in appropriately identifying and responding to the risks of material misstatement. However, more than a decade after the Risk Assessment Standards were issued, the AICPA Peer Review team found that nearly half of the engagements reviewed failed to comply with AU-C Sections 315 or 330.
In this webcast, you will learn about the most pervasive risk assessment issues the Peer Review team has uncovered and how to avoid them in your practice. You will also learn how to properly assess risk affecting clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Important Note: If you have been assigned this course as a Peer Review follow-up action, the self-study version of this course should be taken, unless otherwise directed by your Administering Entity.
- Practitioners who perform audit engagements
- Misconceptions leading to non-compliance with AU-C Sections 315 and 330
- Understanding the entity and its environment, including internal control
- Assessing the risks of material misstatement
- Performing audit procedures in response to assessed risks
- New risks to consider as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Identify the most common challenges auditors encounter with respect to AU-C Sections 315 and 330
- Recall the intent of the standards and how the requirements should be interpreted
- Recognize practical application of the standards in audits of small- to medium-sized entities
- Identify and access helpful resources to support quality performance
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.