Updated Audit Primer: Auditing For-Profit Entities Receiving Provider Relief Funds (Rebroadcast)
Learn the latest developments with auditing for-profit entities that received Provider Relief Funds (PRF).
NASBA Field of Study
Amanda Nelson, Chris Dutch, Lindsey D. Oakley
HHS Provider Relief Funds audit requirements
This is a rebroadcast of a GAQC Web event from January 2022 relating to for-profit entities with funding from the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) and other HHS awards.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to an in influx of federal funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to for-profit hospitals and other for-profit healthcare providers, and many of these entities are subject to HHS audit requirements which include options for either a single audit (or program-specific audit) or a financial audit under Government Auditing Standards.
This event will cover the GAQC’s practice aid titled, HHS Audit Requirements for For-Profit Entities with Awards for the Provider Relief Fund Program and Other HHS Programs, and will walk participants through the following:
- The types of for-profit entities subject to the HHS audit requirements and what the HHS requirements entail
- A deeper dive into the financial audit option including an illustrative schedule and related notes that clients could prepare, as well as the appropriate auditor reporting
- Other audit performance considerations
- Best practices, tips and resources
- Federal audit requirements
- Yellow Book
- Provider Relief Funds
- Determine the for-profit HHS audit requirements
- Distinguish additional requirements for Yellow Book audits
- Apply best practices and tips for HHS audits
- Use resources and tools available from the GAQC and AICPA
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors of for-profit healthcare entities
Group ordering for your team
2 to 5 registrants
Save time with our group order form. We’ll send a consolidated invoice to keep your learning expenses organized.Start order
We can help with group discounts. Call us at 1-800-634-6780 (option 1) or email us at email@example.comContact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.